Yeah, Infinity Broadcasting and Clear Channel Communications have ruined radio

I think not.

I work for a group of four radio stations currently owned by Clear Channel. Clear Channel is the fourth owner of this group of stations in the last six years, and I can assure you that our programming did not change one little bit during *any* of the different ownerships.

We have total control over our formats and the music/news/information that we air. Nobody tells us what to play or when to play it. If Clear Channel radio stations in your area have "ruined radio" it is not due to any policies implemented by Clear Channel Communications!

That is not to say that we do not program in such a fashion as to give us the greatest possible market share of listeners on each of the stations, and in fact each of the four stations is dominant in its demographic group.

Perhaps if we did not have the pressure from "corporate" to produce maximum revenue, the programming would be different, but I doubt it. A radio station is a business, and as with any business the reason for existance is to make a profit. We don't arrange our programming to suit what any employee (or corporate big-wig) wants to hear; rather it is our best determination of what the majority of listeners want to hear. And if the majority of people are happy with what we play, then we must be doing something right.

tanstaafl.