I've always found the installation more fun than the purchase. It's challenging enough to spark ingenuity, but not so challenging that you can't do it.

If you have a brand-new car and you're going to need to make some visible modifications to it (cutting holes in the rear deck, etc) I would be a little concerned. I was, but I did a careful, acurate, slow, painstaking job and it turned out great.

The key is if you want to be proud of the installation, don't rush it. Depending on the complexity, plan on spending a Saturday or a whole weekend doing it. Don't try to do it in a couple of hours, you'll only cut an important wire, gouge your new leather seats, or scratch up your dash furniture.

None of this is rocket science. The hardest part is finding the screws for the dash to take it apart. Those car manufacturers like to hide that stuff.

I'd visit an owners forum/website for your car make and find details on how to disassemble the dash, remove seats (if necessary), route cables through the firewall, remove the rear deck (if necessary), and remove the door panels.

Doing it on your own with no outside information is challenging. If you can get some pointers before you get started on these key tasks, you'll be able to do it, save yourself some money, and you can do a great job.

Greg