I'm no pro, but I have installed systems in several cars. In my opinion, the most difficult part is drilling the hole through the firewall for the power to the amp. You don't have to do this in every car, some cars already hace a place where you can put it through. If you do have to drill. be very careful and make absoutely sure that there is nothing but the firewall where you drill. I have a friend who drilled through an electronic transmission module. Bang, $600 down the drain.

I know of a shop that will just run the positive cable for less than $50 (including the price of the cable and the firewall grommet.) If in severe doubt, you might want to go this way. The rest of the job is much eaiser in my opinion, and there is much less chance of expensive error. It's really a nice feeling when you know that you did it yourself.

Of course, all of that is assuming that you don't have amps already installed. If you do in fact already have amps installed, then you really have an easy job in store. The fact that the unit is a pull-out makes the install much eaiser in my opinion. It took me about 10 minutes.

Good luck!