OK, so I don't really care one way or the other because I avoid Windows at all cost (MacOS or a Linux/Unix variant, but no windows), but I know several people who upgraded to 98 and then dumped it cuz its so buggy and incompatable with software they were running. After 3 years of bug fixes, microsloth was finally approaching a decent level of stability in Win95, and maybe by the time 2000 comes out, 98 will be respectibly stable. Of course, i see an easier solution to all of these problems, but this isnt an advocacy post so ill leave it at that.

For anyone who is interested, the most stable release of win95 never shipped with a computer or in a Win95 box. It only shipped with VirtualPC, the emulation software for the mac. The cds were burned a couple months before win98 shipped and they didnt want competition between their own products. If you think dropping from win98 to win95 is crazy, Ive met people who dropped win98 and bought virtualPC to get the later release of win95 so they could run it on their pc. they had a copy of 95 and didnt even have a mac. i get harassed for "blind loyalty" to a platform, but...nevermind.