The Germany map seems to be the TeleAtlas-multinet version (GDF format) while the European map CDs seem to be GMF.
Oh no, wait,...
Damn, those people at fugawi.de need to get this straight, the CD description says GMF, while the documents regarding the contained countries all say GDF. How is anyone going to understand what the CDs actually contain?
Oh well, they say those are TeleAtlas multinet, so according to TeleAtlas themselves, they should be in in both GDS-AS and GDS-AR formats.

You mean GDF-AS and GDF-AR .

Kim: Could you import those CDs into your system? Or actually write a conversion program that takes a user's CD and imports that?

Should be possible. However, consider the following:

1) GDF format models intersections and junctions as own entities. At the moment, I don't have support for this, everything is based just on line segments which define roads.

2) GDF format supports multi layered data, my system doesn't. But it should be possible to only use the highest detail layer.

3) I have never tried much bigger than 80 square kilometer maps at once, and I don't know exactly how the data is organized, so some manual splitting might be needed.

As with the Tiger data, if someone can provide me a chunk of map data in GDF format and a GPS driving log around the same area, I can see what I could do.

Kim