at some point in the not-to-distant future, the number of real "new users" will be pretty small. Also, with all of the excellent FAQs out there, I'd be careful about adding anything that distracts folks from going to the FAQs first. IMO, if the FAQs don't address it, then it would be appropriate for General.

Granted. Bruno mentioned this one too. I guess if there were more car players available this kind of forum might be necessary, but I see the point about how things will slow down soon. I withdraw the motion.

OK, so they're emotional and you swear a lot. All the better. (Seriously , I give two thumbs up to whoever turned off the censor feature!!)

Yeah, that's me... Trying to keep things interesting. And they didn't turn the censor feature off, I circumvented it a couple of times with shady UBB code. We don't have many 8 year olds browsing the BBS and I wanted to get a point across. Probably the first time I've needed to use expletives around here, and hopefully the last.

In reference to your comments about thread locking, I don't think we'll ever become that Draconian around here. But I do think sometimes the BBS could benefit from some more active *moving* of threads to the appropriate areas. If UBB supports it.

Anyway what I really hope to see is more of these new guys becoming valuable contributors, not just to Empeg hacking, but to the discussions around here, whether they're on topic or not. But let's hope they put those off-topic threads in this forum.