1) Great country

2) Great People

3) Great Beer

4) Lots of empeg owners coming to the meet, people you know only on this BBS

5) Great beer

6) Hot summer weather

7) Great beer

8) Beautiful friendly girls (Damn, no - you're married )

9) Great beer - did I mention that yet?

10) Short distances to Berlin, Copenhagen, Brussels, Paris (all just a couple of hours by car)

11) You could visit London and travel on the Eurotunnel trains under the English channel (techo-dweeb's delight, believe me)

12) I'll be here

13) Holland has hundreds of really well-organised family oriented attractions, such as really beautiful open air swimming lakes, pools, attraction parks (not like Disney) and some of the most amazing indoor and outdoor museums in Europe (there's one museum with nearly a thousand examples of ships-in-bottles, and they show you how to make them).

14) Fast, clean, well organised public transport that's not too expensive and has all sorts of excursions and special tickets to the above mentioned parks.

15) 330 kph trains to Paris, Brussels, Bonn, and Berlin, and a special one that runs to EuroDisney.

16) A culture that is long lived and stable, oriented around the family, with much history around the place to see.

17) Festivals (Jazz, food, beer) all summer long are on just about every weekend all over the country

18) No snowboarding due to lack of hills above 1m.

19) The longest sea wall in the world, enclosing the largest inland sea in Europe (the Ijsselmeer, formerly the Zuider Zee)

20) Lots of clogs, hand made for you as you wait

21) A minature city in Den Haag covering almost 1 square kilometer with all the most famous landmarks of the Netherlands on show, including working trains, helicopters, all sorts.....

22) Lots of really good beer.

23) Did I mention the beautiful girls?

24) Amazing night life that "never closes"

25) Pancakes! Like you've never seen before, and your kids will never forget...

26) Short travel distances everywhere

27) Lots of cows - you'll never want for yoghurt, for example....

28) Windmills! Real ones! That actually work! That you can go inside and watch! (seven of them in a row at Kinderdijk)

29) The birthplace of the Compact Disk (Eindhoven)

30) The birthplace of European Unity (Maastricht - wonderful old walled town)

31) One currency (at last)

32) A good exchange rate against the dollar

33) Amazingly cheap return flights from the US if you book now....

34) The best owner's meet yet, with a Jazz band, treasure hunt in cars, Master classes in all things empeg, an evening barbecue, special competitions, special prizes, special people!

You'll love it, Tony - and I am sure that if everyone here knew you were coming, you would get an especially warm welcome from your friends on this board.

Come on, break open that piggy bank!
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015