Thanks guys.

wfaulk: I have a 64MB P233 sitting here pretending to run Win2K (badly) that is acting as a file share, print server, burn unit, and Trillian client (for when my normal workstation is full-screen [read: games] and not conveniently dropped to desktop). I've always wanted to have it perform the same duties under Linux and KDE but figured I'd probably go insane on getting at least one of those features going. But hey, what else is this great empeg/Linux support community good for?

I *could* add another dedicated Linux-based router, but we've already got a cooling issue up in our loft. We don't heat it in winter now that my fiancee moved all her equipment up here too...

Loren: Thats awesome. I've got a wall that I could splatter a workstation on, maybe throw some Lego and a Habitrail system on and around it too. I could make it water-cooled and silent too. I wonder if there's a market for neo-post-modern-functional-overclocked-watercooled-Hamster-inhabited-wall-mounted-workstations. iMac meet WALLpc.

Tony: The writing does seem to be on the wall for finally getting a router. My dumb hubs are filled to capacity as it is. I'd learn more by scraping a Linux solution together, but I don't know what that'd do for the S/N ratio here. I might make it ot (old hand) sooner!

So many decisions. This BBS ups my confidence level for taking the fun/harder route however. Thanks guys.
- - - MK2 #141 12GB Queue #5723 (SOLD) MK2a 30GB + grn + tuner + blk empeg case