This is second-hand information so take it for what it's worth.

In a correspondence with Rob back in December I asked about this in a private email to Rob. According to Rob (at that time) there was no plan to support this. I specifically asked about web-based management and ftp-based uploads of mp3s. According to Rob the issue with this has somehting to do with httpand ftp having limitations when it comes to the actual storage/retrieval of the mp3's (and their corresponding information -- like ID3 tag data, I suspect), themselves.

That mentioned, I was also told that the network interface would simply provide me with faster upload/synch times -- which is fine by me.

I also asked if it'd be a 10/100baseT(x) autosensing port and was told that the ARM's bus limitations would restrict the ethernet speeds to 10baseT.

Even though I'd like to see a scheme that doesn't rely on a proprietary client/server codebase, I have no problems with any of this; I understand the difficulties involved.

Rob, please correct any misinformation contained above should you happen to read it. It's not intentional -- my memory is a bit fuzzy as this is two-month old recollection.

-- Bleys

"If you would judge, understand." -- Seneca