No No No & once again No !

I am not implying that all uploaded files are pirated at all !

I just wanted to point out that the act of piracy would be commited b4
the file was uploaded to the empeg ( i am of course referring to a theoretical
file here !! ) and that by providing a means of 2 way transfer wouldn't really affect the act of piracy as you don't need an empeg at all to do it !!

if the RIAA or any other body want to take the issue further then just look at all the other devices on the market that allow 2way transfer / recording
1) your PC - now are they really going to take every PC owener manafacturer etc
and so on etc etc.

I understand that empeg are too busy to take this on at the moment and probably don't have the resource to deal with resultant legal battles - but merely wanted to make the point that we all shouldn't be blinkered when it comes to the RIAA, as we all know they are the antichrist and only take on the small guys who can't afford to stand up to them !

Once again I'll quote the VHS / compact cassette example : why aren't they doing anything about these guys - it's simple the people they represent actually invented the damn things and are getting bucketloads of revenue from them !!

Looking into the future - Philips should be bringing it's DVD recordable gizmo to market later this year - haven't heard the RIAA bitchin about this one too much either, funny that !

so to round it all off : if I had the beans I'd gladly help empeg with the legal fees to facilitate the legit requirement of some kind of useful backup, and in case you haven't already guessed it the RIAA aren't on my xmas card list !!

I'm sure the empeg team will find a viable alternative that will keep us all happy - they always seem to.

DJ