I just wanted to say that I own a 10GB and a 60GB empeg and Ogg Vorbis is my #1 wish list item. I want it as much for technical reasons as political ones. Technically it is far superior to the mp3 and wma formats. Politically, widespread adoption of ogg would be a severe blow to the megalo corps like MS and Fraunhofer who want to control the technical aspects of our entertainment as much as the copyright industry wants to control the content and accessibility of our entertainment.

Right now ogg faces the chicken-or-the-egg problem - anything that helps to spread the adoption of ogg today will have a huge ripple effect down the road a few years from now. Inversely, anything that impedes the uptake of ogg today, like this whole integer implementation for ARM issue, could result in the premature death of ogg.

Ogg may not seem like much of an improvement to most people, but widespread adoption has the potential to make the future of digital entertainment a lot better for all consumers, and many smaller companies too.

As an owner of a ReplayTV 4k, I appreicate how SonicBlue is going to bat in the court of law to fight for our rights to do PVRish things with television shows. I hope that the guys at SB could see that implementing Ogg in all of their rio line is just another battle on the same front, and this one is a lot cheaper since lawyers (probably) don't need to get involved.