So I must admit, I haven't even tried to do a lot of syncing with the unit for a while. I have a 10Gb unit and for a long while I didn't need to change or add music to the catalog. Tonight however, I spent at least an hour and a half getting new playlists created and cleaning up the crap left behind by the limiting ID3 tags. Also fixed a couple of properties that needed work in my current playlists. I go to sync and I got a sync failed message seconds after it said controlling disk. I just upgraded to 8c before I did all this work. Is it possible a fix for one problem broke something else?

It is true I had a bunch of changes to be going in at once, but there's no way I'm gonna try to recreate this problem because it would take me too long. I guess I'll have to go back to precautions for using an unreliable system. Save early and save often. I'll probably only sync one playlist at a time for now.

I wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't such a chore to get the playlists setup in the first place, or if there were a way to save your pending changes so you wouldn't have to redo everything if it fails. If I were King, I'd put some kind of disaster recovery log at the top of the list of priorities. If you have the posibility of losing a lot of work when you sync, how about a way to save all the work before you take that leap?

Chris

S/N 00042 List #50 10Gb Blue
S/N 00042 List #50 10Gb Blue