I've got rattles and squeaks in my MR2 at the moment and dynamat is one part of my final planned solution. The other part consists of filling all of the empty body cavities with blow-in foam. Cans of it are available in the US at Home Depot for about 10 bucks a can (I'll need a lot of them). You spray this goopy substance into place and within 24 hours it's hardened into styrofoam.

The idea here is to not only eliminate exterior noise carried through bare metal (which is what dynamat is good for) ... but to also eliminate resonant noise emanating from empty spaces with the car's body. Once that's been done the plan is to take a listen and find which internal body panels squeak -- and then solve that by applying epoxy to the inside of the panels so that they are atached to the body beneath them.

And of course ... crank it up just because I can... =]

I won't get to any of this until I'm done with my sub boxes, sub installation, and auxilliary amp installations -- as well as finding proper cooling for the amps, increasing the alternator size for power, and adding a capacitor to the setup to avoid having my headlights blink as I thump down the road.

Frequency sweeping and soundproofing have to be the last things I do; it's a pain in the butt to run wires through styrofoam-laden cavities. =]

-- Bleys

"If you would judge, understand." -- Seneca