Lemme add a couple more to the notorious list that are owned by Ford:
Land Rover & Volvo. I guess Ford tried to *buy* lineage, but man, what a couple of turds. I don't own a Land Rover, but a good friend of mine has had nothing but trouble. Not sure if Ford had anything to do with it (actually my friend tells me the BMW fouled things with their engine in the Disco I), but I don't have much faith in Ford to make improvements.

Volvo, another Ford aquisition, IMHO has really gone down hill in quality and reliability. I bought a Volvo V-70 XC Wagon (Estate for you Brits) for the safety factor and peace of mind. Rides just great and its built like a tank, but geeeze, everything else goes caddywampus. Windows and electric side mirrors stopped working a couple of weeks ago. Before the recalls on the headlamps and directional signals I was replacing light bulbs by the 6-pack at the dealer. And the "check engine" idiot light turns on and off randomly. You call that "peace of mind"?? What's the point of having idiot lights when then come on when they are not supposed to. The inside panels from the rear hatch were falling off. The dealer told me "plastic fasteners were used at the factory; we have replaced them with metals ones." Bloody hell! WTF Volvo?!? Never again...

--end of rant--

--Andrew