Auugh! South of the Border! I will drive hundreds of miles out of the way simply not to look at it or its millions of billboards (``eef you follow pedro's signz, ze treep seem MOCH shorter!"). What an awful place!

For those of you that don't know (which, hopefully, is all of you) South of the Border is this Mexican-themed tourist trap just south of the North Carolina border. Not only is it in the running for tackiest place on Earth, there's not even anything to do. There are some shops and crappy restaurants and a lot of bathrooms, but no real entertainment. It's bizarre. It's like someone decided to set it up and got disgusted halfway through. (This is one of the things for which we North Carolinians make fun of South Carolinians.) After looking at http://www.pedroland.com/ (``Pedro has sometheeng for every juan'' [shudder]), it would seem I'm wrong about the lack of entertainment. There seems to be a small amusement park now. I could swear it wasn't there before, but maybe I was just in a hurry to leave.