You are right - it doesn't make any differance what anyone paid for it. Basically, I was refering to a time period in late December when this board got swamped with many new members that fit that description. Most of them were like you - they always loved the empeg from afar - and thought it was worth the money - yet simply couldn't afford it. I myself was that way for a long time. Because of this, I was lucky enough to get that $1299 Mk2 that had a 12GB drive (compared to others who paid even more for a Mk1 with a smaller drive at an earlier date). So, because I've only been on the board for just over a year, compared to other members, I'm a newbie too.

Yet, this December, there were a handful who's only reason that they didn't buy the empeg at an earlier date was because they "didn't get it" - meaning that they really had no idea what this thing is capable of and thought there were cheaper - equally equiped options. So, those buyers got their RioCars at $199 and immediately started complaining about them. Some of us took offense to that (and were maybe a bit envious of the deal they got! ) and some heated debates broke out. Like was stated, those people either eventually found out what the empeg _really_ was and grew to fully appreciate it - or they got bored and left.

I for one (and I think most will agree) think that the forum is a better place because of the price drop. We've got tons of new members that have contributed idea, boot logos, 3rd party programs - you name it! This place has really come alive in the last 3 months.

Drakino did a better job explaining it than I can at this late hour - so I'll leave it at that.