Well guys... I'm having more issues with Audiograbber and Win2K that I thought. Here is what I just sent off to AudioGrabber:

In reply to:

Previous setup: HP N3390 notebook PC with 128MB SDRAM, PIII 600mHz and built-in Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-C2402 running Windows 98SE. The thing worked like a champ using Media Jukebox, MusicMatch and AudioGrabber w. LAME.
Current Setup: Same as above (identical hardware) with Windows2000. (Simply copied the AG folder to a backup, did a clean install of the OS and moved the folder back).

At first, AG seemed to be working great - getting no "possible speed errors". Ends up (after finding about 20 albums had static and stuttering mp3's) that I had no ASPI installed and AG showed no speed problems because of this.

So, after reading here and on the FAQ, I installed Adaptec ASPI 4.60 via ForceASPI. Re-booted and started to rip. Still no data shown on the buffer display (the green LED looking graphic). My mp3's were still staticy and stuttering (usually on later tracks in the CD).

Finally, I installed Adaptec ASPI 4.70 (after removing the previous version). After a test, I found that my files are still getting messed up.

My DVD-ROM is a 10x unit and usually the thing will rip at 9.xx or 8.xx. This seems faster than usual and may be causing the problems. But, when trying to force a slower speed (say 6x) it will only rip at 1x. Seems my drive likes all or nothing. But like I said, this all worked fine in Win98SE.

I've run out of ideas... I've only had this program for about a month, it was working great, but now it is just wasting my time. I'm willing to try a few things if anyone has any ideas, but if anyone can think of a program that works good on Win2k (as I seem to not be the only person having issues), let me know and I'll buy that instead.

http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/boards/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002301.html

Anyone recommend a program that is KNOWN to work with Win2K? I used MediaJukebox and wanted to jump out of a window after using it for a few weeks. EAC?