I've got a 2002 Maxima and I don't wanna take out the in-dash 6-disc changer.

Trust me on this one, you want the empeg in the dash where you can see it. "Hide-away mounting" of the empeg is just too much trouble. Dump that CD changer, you will not miss it.

Everyone who has ever talked about "hide-away mounting" their empeg is simply being resistant to the idea of giving up CDs. But the whole point of the empeg is so that you CAN give up CDs. Trust me, it's so much better than a CD changer that once you use it in your car for a while, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it.

If you hide it away, it'll only be a pain in the ass to use and you'll miss out on all the features that make it so truly great.

The only time I can understand a hide-away empeg is when the dash has no place to install a stereo at all. For instance, I saw a 7-series BMW with an integrated NAV system console where there was absolutely no way an aftermarket stereo was going in there at all. In that case, I could understand kludging a hide-away empeg if you had no other choice.

Of course, in that case, the best solution would be a trunk-mounted MP3 changer, not an empeg. What would be cool is if the empeg guys make a trunk-mounted MP3 changer for just this scenario. Hmm!