It's rather stinky.

Yup. I had worked with a lot of epoxy resins before without huge vapor problems, but the polyester resin (I used for the first time for that subwoofer) really gassed/stunk as it cured.

Not to discourage you, Dodgecowboy, but another issue is making sure you have a workspace where you can contain and sweep/vacuum the inevitable matt strands that come loose. I could see doing a project like this in a good-sized kitchen, but only if you could crank all the windows open and could afford to sit out on the porch for a few hours as the work cured. Up to a certain point, you want to work in a warm space as this speeds up curing. In Louisiana, I'd say indoors or out would qualify in the summer!

At least some high-end car stereo shops will build you a custom console like this, but the ones I know of are really high-end and I could see them charging $600-$700+ for a one-off (as opposed to about the $100 of materials you'd need). For subwoofeers in some cars, a middle ground between the mass-produced molded units and the one-offs are boxes built by talented enthusiasts; I've seen stuff like this on WRX boards. If there is any sort of on-line Dodge Ram community, I wonder if anyone has already built a console such as you desire and is maybe looking to sell a few specimens?

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.