Hi everyone.... in preperation for the arrival of my empeg Mark 2 I would like to get my del Sol set up for some real listening pleasure.

My plans involve installing a box with 2 12" subs in the trunk along with an amplifier in such a way that I can remove it all when I need the space. I already have the subs and box and amp (from my old car that was flipped). The interior of my car will also be getting some nice treatment in that I will be installing a 4 channel amp to drive the front and rear interior speakers. Here's where my dillema comes into play. The empeg has only 4 outputs and I need 6 (or 5???) so I am wondering whether or not I can just tap into the rear speaker outputs to drive both the 4 channel amps 2 rear channels and the amp for the subwoofers? In other words... can I split the signal from the 2 rear outputs to 4 rear outputs without any special gear, or will I have to add some sort of splitter to keep the voltage up there at 4v.

I have done a few stereo installs previously but nothing to this complexity, mainly replacing factory head units with aftermarket ones that have built in amps or something like my old car which was a simple matter of running the RCAs to the rear to power the subs while letting the internal amp power the regular car speakers.

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

hmmm... this spell check isn't that good at all is it... I guess I shall call my empeg the emperor from now on ;)

P.S. The current amp I have is a Craig PowerPlay 250 (2 channel), how do I bridge it to drive just one Sub???