Hi Shadowman,

I'm new to this BBS, only recently got my registration number - I think ill be waiting a while.

I thought I should throw my thoughts re the connections of your sub woofers. Mark's info was a bit misleading. His connection suggestion would only be using one channel of the amp. If your amp has not got a bridge mode there is no simple answer. If you amp has a bridge mode the user manual should have the connection details.

Assuming your amp is not bridgeable there are a few thing you would need to do. One channel of the amp will need to be driven out of phase. Then the speaker would be connected using the two positive terminals (the negative of the speaker going to the positive terminal of the out of phase amp). Speaker impedance becomes important when connecting the amp in bridged mode. If you have a 4ohm sub your amp MUST be 2ohm friendly as the 4ohm speaker impedance is shared across the two channels. 2ohm on one channel plus 2ohm on the other channel equals 4ohm speaker. You mention that you have two subs, if they are 4ohm connect them in series to give 8ohm (the amp will then see 4ohm per channel and 2ohm friendly would not be needed). I think I'm being a bit long winded but you get the idea.

Also the sub should be fed with a mono signal (L+R) and low pass filtered. The mono signal would be fed directly to one channel and be inverted (out of phase) before being fed into the other channel.

So it's getting complicated. Perhaps you are better of just running a stereo signal into the amp and having a speaker on each channel. A low pass filter would still be a good idea.

Rod.