... this installer could handle the Empeg install without a problem. The real hitch was his utter lack of understanding of the proprietary interface on my Miata's Bose head unit. I'm fairly certain were the interface a simple ISO connector that he would've pulled it off without a hitch.

As is, my first (hopefully of two) Empeg harness is installed in the Miata, hooked into my Bose head unit's aux in via a soddering arrangement on a few pins, and a switch controls the remote amp line. All very nice and sounds like a beaut.

And, lastly, regarding the shop themselves, they didn't charge me anything for this second round of work. Even though I walked in there this morning expecting a fight, they didn't even put up an argument about it much to my pleasure. The manager called the whole deal a wash and had his fellas redo the install without another dime of expense on my part all it should be. Ultimately, I would recommend Hurley's to other folks in the area. Just make sure that if you are going to have them do work on any unit with a proprietary interface that you provide them the spec to said interface so that they can work with it. They won't do the research themselves.

Just thought that I'd finish this thread off in case there's another poor clueless sap in the Northern Virginia area who doesn't want to install the hardware himself.