I'm about at the point of giving up, I think, which would make some wannabe empeg user out there very happy...

I have a 2002 Golf with the double-DIN CD/Tape player receiver... I have been given the run-around by a lot of online and off-line folks about hardware to install this in my vehicle. It's not even a matter of voltages anymore, it's about the fact that there doesn't seem to be any hardware to allow me to hook up ANY car stereo to my car, short of cutting all the waires and making it permanent.

The kits for newer volkswagens don't match... so you have an idea, the power leads are part of one large square, in which are two sub-blocks - a brown block for audio, and a blue block for the radio receiver. Most VW harnesses have a split block of two sets of 8 pins... totally incompatible, as the slats go the wrong way and the plug is slightly larger that on my system...

I have called crutchfield and hopefully they will have a solution... unfortunately, I am afriad they will send me the specs for the double-DIN, double deck system... I have a double din, but it is one large block that takes up both DINs... both were available this year, and unfortunately I got a car with the unified system.

Any help, PLEASE?!

-Jacob