Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#104565 - 11/07/2002 13:05 Mac commercials, and the flow of parodies
drakino
carpal tunnel

Apple launched their new ad campaign a bit ago, and they star users who have switched to the mac. http://apple.com/switch/ is the main site for the campaign.

Anyhow, parodies are already appearing, like this one with Bill Gates That site also has a few others linked off on the right.

#104566 - 11/07/2002 13:13 Re: Mac commercials, and the flow of parodies [Re: drakino]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
I'd just like to point out that the Mac commercials are created and directed by noted documentary filmmaker Errol Morris using his infamous Interrotron. A very interesting guy. Probably best known in this sort of crowd for having directed A Brief History of Time, but very influential otherwise, as well. If A Brief History of Errol Morris comes on whatever movie channel you get, watch it.

#104567 - 11/07/2002 13:34 Re: Mac commercials, and the flow of parodies [Re: drakino]
clsmith

I like the Steven, from Dell, commercial.

#104568 - 11/07/2002 14:04 Re: Mac commercials, and the flow of parodies [Re: clsmith]
Ezekiel
pooh-bah

Loc: NH USA
Yeah, right after he's been hit by a truck. Those Dell ads annoy the crap out of me. As do the 'Can you hear me now?' ads. Like most kids they were cute at first but now they're starting to smell bad.

-My $0.02

-Zeke

#104569 - 11/07/2002 22:21 Re: Mac commercials, and the flow of parodies [Re: wfaulk]
jimhogan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA, U.S.A.
I'd just like to point out that the Mac commercials are created and directed by noted documentary filmmaker Errol Morris using his infamous Interrotron.

Interesting. Hadn't a clue. Probably a decent paycheck, too (or a season pass to Job's swimming pool!)

A very interesting guy. Probably best known in this sort of crowd for having directed A Brief History of Time, but very influential otherwise, as well. If A Brief History of Errol Morris comes on whatever movie channel you get, watch it.

...perhaps best known by some of the older fartier member for The Thin Blue Line ( I love this little bit of memorabilia from that...)

Time to go check out that parody!

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.

#104570 - 11/07/2002 22:38 Re: Mac commercials, and the flow of parodies [Re: jimhogan]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
    Probably best known in this sort of crowd for having directed A Brief History of Time, but very influential otherwise, as well. If A Brief History of Errol Morris comes on whatever movie channel you get, watch it.

...perhaps best known by some of the older fartier member for The Thin Blue Line
I guess, even more to the point, if you get a chance to see any of his films (The Thin Blue Line, Dr. Death, and Fast, Cheap, and Out of Control being my favorites), make sure you do so. They're all remarkable. I know what you're thinking: ``But documentaries are sooo dry.'' And you'd usually be right. But Errol Morris agreed with you and decided to do something about it. Just go see one.

Edit: And another thing that might make you interested is that The Thin Blue Line is about a man who Errol felt had been unjustly convicted of murder. The release of the film directly led to the case being reopened and the man being set free. How cool is that?

(This is not aimed at you, Jim, despite being a reply to your post.)

Edited by wfaulk (11/07/2002 22:41)

#104571 - 11/07/2002 22:55 Re: Mac commercials, and the flow of parodies [Re: wfaulk]
jimhogan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA, U.S.A.
(This is not aimed at you, Jim, despite being a reply to your post.)

It's OK!!! Folks, in case Bitt didn't make it clear, I am *NOT* the guy in that film!! And he was innocent!!!

Even my parole officer know that there's no way I could have done that other gig by now!!

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.