Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#10575 - 03/07/2000 16:28 Sync Errors on MKII
Big John

Loc: Hants, UK.
Hi,

Spent the last couple of hours trying to get my MK-II to synch. to emplode. Keep getting a Stage 5 with 0xffffffe error. I can't get it to do a basic sync. with no additions, i.e. new playlist etc. Plugged the MK-I in and addded a couple of track with no problem. The Clone program failed also, it found both empegs though (eventually). I've tried loading 10C consumer, 10A & B emplode, last ditched attempt of trying developer 10C.

It's a 36G MK-II on a PIII-600 using Win2K. This platform is rock solid on the MKI I might add. Oh and using USB of course.

Tired and frustrated! I hope everyone else is having more joy?

Regards,

[color:yellow]_________________________________________John, (MK1 #114-20G, MK2 #15-36G).</font color=yellow>

#10576 - 03/07/2000 16:41 Re: Sync Errors on MKII [Re: Big John]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
There's a problem with 2-drive machines I'm afraid - the software isn't correctly dealing with the second drive (as I said before, I suspect this is Murphy's law as mike went on holiday just before we shipped!).

There will be an 11d tomorrow which fixes this problem. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Hugo
(techie note: hdc4 is being mounted in half the places, hdb4 in the other half. The fffffffe error is the player failing to create the file on the second disk).

#10577 - 03/07/2000 16:43 Re: Sync Errors on MKII [Re: Big John]
Dredd
enthusiast

Loc: Bay Area, California
I've been going back and forth with the Empeg folks about this all day today. It looks as though there's some dorkiness with the two-drive units. (references to hdc* instead of hdb*, etc.) Hugo indicated that he's going to try to have replacement code up tomorrow (which depending on the vagaries of time zones may even be "later today" for some of us, if he gets it done quickly enough and we're up late enough )

D

#10578 - 03/07/2000 16:45 Re: Sync Errors on MKII [Re: altman]
Dredd
enthusiast

Loc: Bay Area, California
Geez, here I answered the guy figuring you were already in bed. Get some sleep, so you can get up bright and early and fix our bugs!

just kidding. ... a little

#10579 - 03/07/2000 19:51 Re: Sync Errors on MKII [Re: Dredd]
grymm
stranger

I have 2 single drive empegs, and though the clone starts off ok, sometime midway through it, my box blue screens and i get a "cannot write to drive c:" error. I'm trying it on my secondary box now....

I feel for you, I've been working on this one most of the day as well.

Ben
ben