Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#107017 - 23/07/2002 22:36 BBS Search request
robricc
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Many times I make posts with similar info to old posts that I can't find. Is it possible to search posts made by a specific user? If there is, I can't figure it out. I'm not talking about listing all the posts by a user. When you have 900 something posts (estimated) it gets a little difficult to find the one you want.

Another alternative would be to make sigs searchable. My Mk2's serial number has always been in my sig making it a good keyword to search on. For example, on my last failed attempt at finding a post on DMA:

dma 090000736

would probably have returned the post I wanted. I just figured while we're hacking the BBS code and all.....

PS: I just noticed the attachment size has been upped to 200k. Thank you!

#107018 - 23/07/2002 23:38 Re: BBS Search request [Re: robricc]
drakino
carpal tunnel

I'll add this to my list of things to do when looking at the code next time. Not sure how hard this will be. My short term goal is to get the BBS to 5.5.1, then resume hacking. Migrating to 6 is a PITA due to having to hack out the ratings, so 6 won't be used here until I can just put in a config option to disable it, or if I ever get enough time to work on Riocar.org Version 2 (BBS integration is now in for Version 2, so who knows how far off that is now).