Hi all,

I'm looking for a bit of help on setting up the cross-compiler toolchain. I snagged the precompiled chain that's linked on riocar, and installed it in /usr/local/arm. I added it to my path as I'm supposed to in the README. I tried compiling empwake (I had the source handy). First problem was 'cpp0: command not found' (or something like that... it's out of my buffer now). I fixed that by linking cpp0 to the provided cpp. I tried compiling again:

arm-empeg-linux-gcc -I/usr/local/arm/arm-empeg-linux/include -I/usr/src/empeg/include -L/usr/local/arm/arm-empeg-linux/lib -lpthread -lm empwake.c -L/usr/local/arm/arm-empeg-linux/lib -lgd -o empwake

and it sits there until it dies, unable to fork any more processes. If I look at the output of ps -ef while it's running, I get a whole ton of identical processes that look like this:

ammon 6211 6210 0 23:53 pts/0 00:00:00 cpp0 -lang-c -Asystem(unix) -Asystem(posix) -Acpu(arm) -Amachine(arm) -Asystem(unix) -Asystem(posix) -Acpu(arm) -Amachine(arm) -Asystem(unix) -Asystem(posix) -Acpu(arm) -Amachine(arm) -Asystem(unix) -Asystem(posix) -Acpu(arm) -Amachine(arm) -Asystem(unix) -Asystem(posix) -Acpu(arm) -Amachine(arm) -I/usr/local/arm/arm-empeg-linux/include -I/usr/src/empeg/include -Dunix -D__arm__ -Dlinux -D__ELF__ -D__unix__ -D__arm__ -D__linux__ -D__ELF__ -D__unix -D__linux -Asystem(unix) -Asystem(posix) -Acpu(arm) -Amachine(arm) -D__CHAR_UNSIGNED__ -D__ARM_ARCH_3__ -D__APCS_32__ -Dunix -D__arm__ -Dlinux -D__ELF__ -D__unix__ -D__arm__ -D__linux__ -D__ELF__ -D__unix -D__linux -D__CHAR_UNSIGNED__ -D__ARM_ARCH_3__ -D__APCS_32__ -Dunix -D__arm__ -Dlinux -D__ELF__ -D__unix__ -D__arm__ -D__linux__ -D__ELF__ -D__unix -D__linux -D__CHAR_UNSIGNED__ -D__ARM_ARCH_3__ -D__APCS_32__ -Dunix -D__arm__ -Dlinux -D__ELF__ -D__unix__ -D__arm__ -D__linux__ -D__ELF__ -D__unix -D__linux -D__CHAR_UNSIGNED__ -D__ARM_ARCH_3__ -D__APCS_32__ -Dunix -D__arm__ -Dlinux -D__ELF__ -D__unix__ -D__arm__ -D__linux__ -D__ELF__ -D__unix -D__linux -D__CHAR_UNSIGNED__ -D__ARM_ARCH_3__ -D__APCS_32__ -D__GNUC__=2 -D__GNUC_MINOR__=95 -Dunix -D__arm__ -Dlinux -D__ELF__ -D__unix__ -D__arm__ -D__linux__ -D__ELF__ -D__unix -D__linux -D__CHAR_UNSIGNED__ -D__ARM_ARCH_3__ -D__APCS_32__ empwake.c -o /tmp/ccReHzXb.i

That entry gets longer and longer with each subsequent entry. Am I missing some vital piece of the toolchain? Should I also have the empeg kernel source, even if I don't plan on compiling the kernel? I would assume that the precompiled binaries should work on my machine:

Linux shifter 2.2.20 #1 Mon Dec 31 07:05:08 EST 2001 i586 unknown

Any hints or kicks in the bottom to get me going would be appreciated.

Thanks,