Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#11230 - 12/07/2000 10:41 empeg and Blaupunkt Toronto RDM 128
tadzio
journeyman

Loc: Munich. Germany
We just installed my empeg Mk I (#112) in a VW Lupo. Mechanically that was no problem at all. This Lupo has a Blaupunkt Toronto RDM 128 head unit, and we left it in place so that we can use its amplifier. This head unit is able to control a CD changer, and in the menual we also found the right input connectors for the audio in. However, we could not make the Blaupunkt recognize there was an empeg connected to it. I assume there must be some sort of sense line that a CD changer drives to let the Toronto know it's there.

Blaupunkt says there is an adaptor to use 3rd party devices with the Toronto, but none of the dealers in and around Munich had it in stock.

So, our question now is: would anyone happen to know which pin of the three Toronto connectors the "magic" one is to make it accept the empeg (as a CD changer...), and what kind of signal (0V, 12V, something else) must be applied to it.

Thank you very much in advance!

Daniel, ex-owner of #112, and Goetz, proud new owner of #112

#11231 - 18/07/2000 14:19 Re: empeg and Blaupunkt Toronto RDM 128 [Re: tadzio]
doug316
journeyman

Go to www.crutchfield.com and select your receiver, they have the adapter for $20.