First off, I would have put this in the Off Topic forum, but it's definately a (non-empeg) programming question, so I put it here. Secondly, I'm asking this because I've searched for about week to try to figure this out, along with posting in relevent newsgroups, to no avail. Plus, this is a pretty helpful community, so I figure I'll at least get some kind of response. So, here we go:

I'm working on a program to try and automate some very repetitive tasks with Windows-based programs (in a macro-program-sort-of way). Most of this has worked out well, but there's one thing that hasn't: drag and drop. In order to do this without user interaction, it appears that I need to get the IDropTarget registered for a specific window. However, there isn't an API function available for this purpose. There's one Usenet post from five years ago where someone named Chris Becke suggests tracing the drag and drop functions (which he says he's done before). I've attempted this, however I know very little about x86 assembly, so it's not helping very much. If anyone on here has even the most miniscule suggestion, I'd really like to here it. I'm even willing to pay for a solution to this problem, it's really bugging me. Let me know what you think. If this post has broken a rule of some kind, I'm truly sorry. Lock the thread now. I'm just really running out of places to look for help.

Thanks!