Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#114395 - 03/09/2002 07:21 I wish...
mpcheese
new poster

Just writing this off the top of me head and as you mite guess I love doing my research before creating discussions. (OK this is my second post ever). Also can't realy remember ever using this feature, probly coz it's "poo"

Any way emplode/jemplode. Why not intregrate a ID tag renameing feature that is usfull.

The old one and why it is "great" or not.

- When renaming the tags it only modifys the empegs ID tag in its database. This is not a perminate change on the mp3 it's self. If someone can explain y this is, it would be good, I may of read why a long time ago and can't be bothered to find it again. This just puts me off making the effot renameing at all, if I wont to downlaod the music back to my PC the info is lost.
Is this somthing that can be fixed?

- Y doesn't the renaming feature allow you to do bolk playlist/group renames of tunes. I have loads of old music I ripped before I ever new the true values of taging and the uses the rio car player has for them, If I could rename selections of tunes with the same tag info that would be great, or to use some advanced tagging features too (i'll leave that up to you imaginations)

Of course I could of used a third party software to do them but that would be two easy, I looked at one and I wasn't to impressed + me musics on my player already!

#114396 - 03/09/2002 09:10 Re: I wish... [Re: mpcheese]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
When renaming the tags it only modifys the empegs ID tag in its database. This is not a perminate change on the mp3 it's self. If someone can explain y this is, it would be good

1) Because the songs were never meant to be retrieved off of the player in the first place.
2) Because it would slow down the synchronization process, it would have to actually seek to the end of each file and do the writing.
3) At the moment, there's no ID3 tag-writing code on the player itself.
4) They never got around to it.

Y doesn't the renaming feature allow you to do bolk playlist/group renames of tunes.

It does. You have to be using version 2.0 of the Emplode and player software. You can group-select tracks and change their information in bulk. You can also drag tracks onto soups to retag them to fit that soup.