Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#115425 - 08/09/2002 22:46 couple of bugs i found on my trip to sandiego
old hand

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
1) if you use the search feature to "insert" (i didnt try any other mode yet, but i'm guessing the same), then you skip forward twice, to the song AFTER your inserted song... and then attempt to do a rewind into the end of the inserted song... it completely skips it and goes to the previous.

2) if you're in a started car, and you decide to put the empeg on standby. and then immediately, you stop the car. if you restart your car before the blinking light goes off, empeg starts, but w/ no sound. if i had to guess, the amp didnt turn on. quick standby and on fixed it.

#115426 - 08/09/2002 22:47 Re: couple of bugs i found on my trip to sandiego [Re: image]
old hand

crap, i wanted to put this in bug reports, but i opened up the wrong window. sorry

#115427 - 09/09/2002 08:57 Re: couple of bugs i found on my trip to sandiego [Re: image]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
if you use the search feature to "insert" (i didnt try any other mode yet, but i'm guessing the same), then you skip forward twice, to the song AFTER your inserted song... and then attempt to do a rewind into the end of the inserted song... it completely skips it and goes to the previous.

I just attempted to reproduce this on Beta 13 and was unable to do so. It worked as expected rather than the way you described. I inserted a song, skipped forward twice past the inserted song, then used rewind. It rewound into the inserted song just fine.

Is it possible that in your case, the inserted song had incorrect VBR headers?

if you're in a started car, and you decide to put the empeg on standby. and then immediately, you stop the car. if you restart your car before the blinking light goes off, empeg starts, but w/ no sound. if i had to guess, the amp didnt turn on. quick standby and on fixed it.

This was something I knew about during Beta 11, and in fact the amplifier is on so that's not the problem. The player's "mute" state became toggled incorrectly. You could press the "pause" button and you would hear a brief burst of music. Pressing Pause enough times quickly would fix the problem (based on another report I read).

However, since beta 13 I have been unable to reproduce this problem and it was marked as "fixed-works for me" in the internal bug database since the guys in Cambridge couldn't reproduce it either.

Are you saying that you can still reproduce it with Beta 13? Or were you using beta 11 for both of these bugs?

#115428 - 09/09/2002 15:00 Re: couple of bugs i found on my trip to sandiego [Re: tfabris]
old hand

yes, this was w/ b13+hijack-292

its funny, because i can't recreate #1 anymore either. must be a certain song.

but 2, i can repeat indefinitely.

#115429 - 09/09/2002 15:21 Re: couple of bugs i found on my trip to sandiego [Re: image]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

but 2, i can repeat indefinitely.

Okay, hopefully we will get Peter to see this and request that he re-open bug number 1785.

Could you please peek at the thread here and see if this also describes your observed behavior?

I believe it has something to do with the amount of voltage being stolen by the car's starter motor. When I first reproduced it, it was because my starter would drop the car's overall voltage to x when starting with the player in standby mode. This caused the player to do the "battery icon" thing without fully rebooting, hence inducing the bug.

But now, since beta13 was released, my car coincidentally is now dropping to x-1 volts when I turn the key, hence causing it to fully reboot the player and curing the problem. I was not able to reproduce it on beta13, not because of a software bugfix, but because my car's just putting out lower voltage lately.

#115430 - 10/09/2002 16:16 Re: couple of bugs i found on my trip to sandiego [Re: tfabris]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
Ditto on the mute toggle bug. It still happens to me and it drives me nuts... for some reason i am in that situation a lot.

#115431 - 10/09/2002 16:34 Re: couple of bugs i found on my trip to sandiego [Re: loren]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Okay, cool.

Peter, are you seeing any of this?

#115432 - 12/09/2002 07:53 Re: couple of bugs i found on my trip to sandiego [Re: tfabris]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
Probably not, he's on vacation.

Rob

#115433 - 12/09/2002 09:50 Re: couple of bugs i found on my trip to sandiego [Re: rob]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

What, you let him leave the building?! Great, now we'll never find him again.