Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#121202 - 16/10/2002 16:37 EZPass tagholders serviced by New Jersey: fee
Daria
carpal tunnel

Loc: Providence, RI
If you have a New Jersey-serviced EZPass, and like me you get no statement you may not have heard about [url=https://qaebpp.chase.com/esp/EZPay/ezpass/NJLetter.html
]this[/url] yet. I guess I'll be getting an EZPass from New York now. (It would almost make more sense for me to get a FastLane transponder but their fees are worse)

#121203 - 16/10/2002 16:51 Re: EZPass tagholders serviced by New Jersey: fee [Re: Daria]
robricc
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
So, you're from PA and have an EZPass registered in NJ? Why don't you just get an EZPass registered in PA? ... or can you not do that?

I assume you can since they have EZPass lanes in PA now.

#121204 - 16/10/2002 17:13 Re: EZPass tagholders serviced by New Jersey: fee [Re: Daria]
fusto
addict

Loc: Lummi Island, WA
What fastlane fees are you referring to?
I have fastlane (and have had it for about 3 years now) and I dont pay any extra fees.
Once a month they bill me for the amount of tolls that I've used and thats it.
I had to give them a $20 deposit when I got the transponder but that was all as far as startup costs. And it was only a deposit. Technically I could get it back if I turned the transponder in.
Did I miss something, or are there maybe out-of-state fees that I wouldnt be charged that youre referring to?
Z~

#121205 - 16/10/2002 18:33 Re: EZPass tagholders serviced by New Jersey: fee [Re: fusto]
Daria
carpal tunnel

http://www.massturnpike.com/commuter_services/tmsetc.html agrees with you. Apparently the person/people I know who had one were either confused, or there *was* a fee.

#121206 - 16/10/2002 18:36 Re: EZPass tagholders serviced by New Jersey: fee [Re: robricc]
Daria
carpal tunnel

So, you're from PA and have an EZPass registered in NJ? Why don't you just get an EZPass registered in PA? ... or can you not do that?

Why would I volunteer to pay an annual fee?

I don't get anything extra for that money...

Yeah, PA has EZPass but not on the new toll roads (Greensburg Bypass, Mon-Fayette Expressway, Beaver Valley Expressway) and not at the barriers at the northern end of the Northeast Extension. Damn annoying if you didn't think you needed coins.

#121207 - 16/10/2002 21:57 Re: EZPass tagholders serviced by New Jersey: fee [Re: fusto]
ithoughti
old hand

Loc: Boston, MA USA
I had to give them a $20 deposit when I got the transponder but that was all as far as startup costs. And it was only a deposit. Technically I could get it back if I turned the transponder in.

Nope. Wrong. Didn't you get the memo? That "deposit" of $20+ was a deposit until a little while ago, then the MassPike folks sent out a nice letter saying that people had to buy the pass. If you wanted your "deposit" back you had to hand it in within 90 days of the notice. And that was about a year ago.

I wonder what percentage Massachusetts is getting on my $20?

quote from Fast Lane web site Terms and Conditions

j) If you return your transponder(s) within ninety (90) days of opening your FAST LANE account, or for existing customers if you return your transponder(s) within ninety (90) days of receiving these new terms and conditions, and it is in good working condition (not damaged or defaced) you will receive a refund of $22.50 for each interior transponder and $28.50 for each exterior transponder. No refunds will be paid for transponder(s) after ninety (90) days.

Sly bastards aren't they?

#121208 - 17/10/2002 06:19 Re: EZPass tagholders serviced by New Jersey: fee [Re: ithoughti]
fusto
addict

Loc: Lummi Island, WA
Well I missed that one,
Oh well...
Maybe Mass. needed my $20 to help pay for their shiny new bridge / big dig et al.

Rotten sneaks. Instead of just taking it, if they'd asked me nicely I might have given them the $20.
Maybe...

Z~