Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#135841 - 18/01/2003 12:58 PHP author needed
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
I'm in a jam.

A few months ago, when I was unemployed, I agreed to help out the girlfriend of a friend of mine with some web programming stuff in order to help her out, but mostly to have something constructive to do with computers while I was waiting to get a job.

Typically, I started a new job about a week and a half after that, and I haven't had a chance to do a lot of work on it since then. I keep stringing her along telling her that I'll have it done by some date, but I never seem to have the time to work on it. The fact that I came to the conclusion that I simply don't like her doesn't help me get motivated, either.

I've come to the conclusion that I'll never have the time to work on it, so I was hoping someone on here could pick it up for me. I don't have a lot of money to pay for it, and I can't at this point ask her to be paid for it, so your reward will have to be a few bucks (maybe $150 or so) and my eternal gratitude and friendship.

It's fairly simple. She just needs something set up so that a group of volunteers can run through a self-contained web site twice, keeping track of their movements through the site, while not allowing them to arbitrarily jump to a specific page in the site. After they've gone through twice, they need to take a survey.

I've gotten about 1/3 to 1/2 of it done in PHP and Apache under Linux (I can't imagine any Unix would be different here), but I need someone to implement the don't arbitrarily jump part (should be simple enough with PHP session IDs) and the survey. It really shouldn't take too long for someone who's got the time.

I'm gonna go ahead and post the stuff I've got on my web site as a tar file.

I would sincerely appreciate it if someone could help me out.

#135842 - 18/01/2003 14:41 Re: PHP author needed [Re: wfaulk]
ricin
veteran

Loc: US: CA
Coincidently, I have just gotten my old job back, and I don't start until Feb. 1st. Also, my last day at my current job was this past Friday. So, as such, I have the next two weeks pretty much free. I'll be happy to take a look at it (downloading it now), and I'll let you know if I can take it on and work it in with the other things I have to do before the 1st. Of course, that is if you haven't already found someone else.
ricin.us

#135843 - 18/01/2003 22:13 Re: PHP author needed [Re: ricin]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

I have not, and I appreciate it more than you can imagine. Let me know what you need.

#135844 - 20/01/2003 10:42 Re: PHP author needed [Re: wfaulk]
ricin
veteran

Loc: US: CA
Simple enough. All I would need is a more complete explanation of how it should work, and look. The basics are there, but it is still not entirely clear as to what should happen each step of the way through. Also, I see you re-wrote the login code, which was originally in Perl, in PHP, but did not do the same for the registration code. Did you want that done?
ricin.us

#135845 - 20/01/2003 10:57 Re: PHP author needed [Re: ricin]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

There's no need to bother the nice people on here with my problems any more. Let's take this to PMs or email or IM. All my info is on my user info page here.