Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#140939 - 06/02/2003 21:07 Sony Camcorder BT module - uses?
Ezekiel
pooh-bah

Loc: NH USA
Over Christmas I got a Sony Camcorder with an external Bluetooth module. This silly little thing came with a nice PCMCIA modem and a BT 'Base Station'. Now I can't think of a single reason that I'd want to use my precious time to send photos from the camcorder (not video, clearly) over a wee little dial up. Does anybody have any thoughts about how I might be able to use the BT module for another purpose? The module itself is Sony # BTA-NW1. Link.

Thoughts?

-Zeke

#140940 - 06/02/2003 22:03 Re: Sony Camcorder BT module - uses? [Re: Ezekiel]
drakino
carpal tunnel

Now I can't think of a single reason that I'd want to use my precious time to send photos from the camcorder

Glad I'm not the only one who wondered why Sony Camcorders have bluetooth. I couldn't find a single reason I would ever need it.

As far as the external Bluetooth module, looks like it should be seen as a modem to any Bluetooth capable PC, PDA or other similar device. Might be nice if you ever travel with a laptop, and don't want a phone line running to your laptop in the hotel room.

So far, the only place I have seen useful bluetooth has been on my T68i and Mac. I plan on getting a bluetooth car kit for the phone, and the Bluetooth integration into OS X is actually useful. If my T68i is in range, I can sync my calendar, address book, and put pictures on the phone. Also, if the phone rings, Address Book can pop up a window with the caller ID, and 3 choices, Answer, Bounce to Voicemail, or Send SMS Reply.