Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#143415 - 15/02/2003 04:39 No Internet in Linux but working in win2k
acurasquirrel_
enthusiast

Ok I just installed Linux on my machine in a dual boot setup with win2k. Well I installed it at my friends place and everything was kosher there I had Internet in both OSs. Well when I get back home and hook it up I can seem to get the internet working under Linux. Whats weird is I can see the router info page but cant connect to anything over the web. If anyone knows what the issue is please help Im at a loss. BTW at my friends apt I was hooked to a Linksys router and here we have a DLink. Ive tried configing everything with no avail. This is a Mandrake 9.0 release.

#143416 - 15/02/2003 13:14 Re: No Internet in Linux but working in win2k [Re: acurasquirrel_]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
Sounds like you don't have your default route set. Run ``netstat -rn'' and see if anything is listed as ``default''. If not, you'll have to figure out how to add it. I don't know what file Mandrake uses to set this on boot, and I can't remember the syntax for the route command under Linux (it's the one standard Unix command that varies wildly from Unix to Unix, but it might be ``route add default gw <router>''). Try grepping for ``route'' and ``default'' in /etc/rc*, etc. You'll find it.