Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#14658 - 20/08/2000 23:03 track timer
buts
journeyman

Loc: sydney australia
i would like the track timer to count down rather than up also what would be good

andrew butler
sn 08000176 6G amber

#14659 - 20/08/2000 23:21 Re: track timer [Re: buts]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
i would like the track timer to count down rather than up also

I think this one is among the Top Ten player-software requests.

Up until a few versions ago, this wasn't possible because the Empeg didn't know the track length as it was playing the track. Somewhere around Beta 10 (iirc), Emplode started storing certain stats about the uploaded song files, including the length and the average bitrate. So, in theory, the groundwork for adding this feature is now there (at least for songs you uploaded after that beta version).

There was a promise that we'd get a command-line tool to finish populating those fields in the database without a re-upload. Is that still in the plans?

#14660 - 21/08/2000 00:51 Re: track timer [Re: tfabris]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
emplode is having a lot of work done to it totally (Roger has been totally replacing the internal structure with something better so that all the things like searches, bulk tag updates (on the database, NOT on the ID3 tags) can be done).

One thing it does after it has downloaded the database is check that everything has the full complement of tags. If not, it offers to update your database automatically for you, and does so (adding bitrate, total time, etc tags to everything in your database that doesn't have them).

Hugo