Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#149252 - 19/03/2003 09:48 Boot Logo showing the whole boot-up
decay
journeyman

'ello.

I know this has been asked for and I've heard this is possible, tried to search but couldn't find the thread. Anyhow. I made my mind and wanted myself to have the opportunity to make the boot logo to show the whole bootup process. I don't care to see about the boot-up process itself.

I remember mlord said this could be done just by recompiling a kernel with a longer timeout for the logo. Then again, could be it wasn't mlord or could be it wasn't anything near that.

Crossed my mind that couldn't there be an option in hijack that would read config.ini for the line where it reads how long should the boot logo appear? Is this possible anyhow?
Now to think of it... When does config.ini get read? Should the interval time be in flash? I know there's limited space of flash, maybe this isn't just worth it.

Maybe it could be impleted even so that in DC mode it shows only the bootup logo and in AC it boots up normally. Just to debug possible errors/fails.

Whaddayathink? I luv my Nintendo-logo

And one a side note. Is there a way to change the boot-up animation on my Mark 1? I know Jemplode has this utility, but it's with ethernet only...

#149253 - 19/03/2003 09:57 Re: Boot Logo showing the whole boot-up [Re: decay]
genixia
Carpal Tunnel

I remember mlord said this could be done just by recompiling a kernel with a longer timeout for the logo. Then again, could be it wasn't mlord or could be it wasn't anything near that.

Yes, it was Mark, and he did say that IIRC.
Crossed my mind that couldn't there be an option in hijack that would read config.ini for the line where it reads how long should the boot logo appear? Is this possible anyhow?

No
Now to think of it... When does config.ini get read? Should the interval time be in flash? I know there's limited space of flash, maybe this isn't just worth it.

Exactly.

That's not to say that it couldn't be done - an inventive scheme could possibly do it without using any extra flash. But it's not on anyones priority list.