Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#162262 - 20/05/2003 15:04 LogoEdit Error
NicolasW
journeyman

Loc: USA
Tony -
I'm trying to upgrade my HiJack on my Empeg and I am getting an "Error status in readbyte 16" error.

Since the last time I have installed HiJack, I have installed Microsoft Activesync (program used to sync Pocket PC with computer) and am not sure if that is causing it.

Also, my logoedit files are stored on a different computer (accessing them over the network)....do the files need to be installed locally?

Thanks much,
Wes

#162263 - 20/05/2003 15:06 Re: LogoEdit Error [Re: NicolasW]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Greetings!

It is likely that ActiveSync is your problem, especially if they are fighting for the same serial port...

#162264 - 20/05/2003 15:08 Re: LogoEdit Error [Re: NicolasW]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Since the last time I have installed HiJack, I have installed Microsoft Activesync (program used to sync Pocket PC with computer) and am not sure if that is causing it.
That is possible if ActiveSync uses the serial port. Please try disabling the ActiveSync software.

Also, my logoedit files are stored on a different computer (accessing them over the network)....do the files need to be installed locally?
I do not know. Please try copying all files (all logoedit files as well as the kernel you're trying to install) to the local computer and see if that works.

#162265 - 20/05/2003 15:27 Re: LogoEdit Error [Re: tfabris]
NicolasW
journeyman

Loc: USA
Drat....

I uninstalled ActiveSync and copied all files (Logo edit and HiJack kernel file) to the local machine I still got the same error.....and then, I replaced the cable with a new serial cable (spare Empeg box) and it worked!!

Must have killed the cable somehow.

Wes

#162266 - 20/05/2003 15:27 Re: LogoEdit Error [Re: NicolasW]
AndrewT
old hand

Loc: Oxford, UK
If your pocket PC doesn't use the PC's serial connection you can tell ActiveSync not to use it. It's quite simple to do but I can't tell you how from memory. Let me know if you want more info. on finding where to disable it.