Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#163490 - 30/05/2003 09:53 Install good, useability bad. pls help
devyzhigh
new poster

ok i've been using the empeg on its own for the past year or so and loved it. but for someone who listens to the radio quite often, not having one in the car was a lil bit of a drag. i recently acquired a clarion headunit from a friend and i have hooked the clarion unit straight to the amp and had the line outs to the Aux In on the Clarion unit. Works perfect now i'm very happy and satisfied with the install. until i removed the unit to download some songs and when i went to the car to put it back in. the RCA cables just get in the way inside the docking sled so i can't fully insert the empeg into the sled. is there any way to possible put the line out rca's on the empeg to the connector in the back with the front, rear and aux in on the empeg? is there an easier way? thanks for any help guys.

1999 Mustag Cobra
MK2

#163491 - 30/05/2003 10:03 Re: Install good, useability bad. pls help [Re: devyzhigh]
Chimaera
enthusiast

Loc: DFW Area, Texas, US
Use the front out connectors on the sled rather than the RCAs on the back of the actual unit.

You may need to turn the empegs volume down from where it is at the moment to match the tuner volume, but once that has been done once you can then just use the Clarion's volume control to adjust your listening volume

#163492 - 30/05/2003 11:11 Re: Install good, useability bad. pls help [Re: devyzhigh]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
the RCA cables just get in the way inside the docking sled so i can't fully insert the empeg into the sled.
Um, yeah, you're not supposed to have any RCA cables (or any cables for that matter) inside the docking sled at all. The whole point of the docking sled was so that you didn't have to hook up any cables. The docking sled already has its own connectors for that. Did you get a docking sled with the wires all cut off or something?

Do you have a digital camera, and can take pictures of the problem and post them here?