Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#173008 - 31/07/2003 14:18 a Really Dumb Question
belezeebub
addict

Has anyone ever ported the Empeg Software to windows (Shivers at the thought)

As most of you know do to space issues and needing a GPS/Nav for my new job I have sold my Empeg, and replaced it with a IVA900 from Alpine.
For some strange reason the Aux Audio/VIdeo Input is not alive and kicking (HUmmm I wonder how that happened) I would like to pick up a 12 Volt PC and once again have my mp3's files to take with me, I have searched high and low and none of the windows based players can hold a candle to the Empeg software for easy of use or power. so anyone have a port to PC or a clone/look-a-like ? or do I need to keep looking?

P.S. Once I get a bigger truck I might be looking for a new empeg and I'll just get an IR extender mount the empeg in the back and point a small video camera at it (yes I know that is a cheesy way to do it but beggers can't be choisers)
______________________________________ Do not meddle in the affairs of Network Administrators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ______________________________________ Worlds Lamest Wb Site (mine) http://home.comcast.net/~jlipchitz/

#173009 - 31/07/2003 14:45 Re: a Really Dumb Question [Re: belezeebub]
tman
carpal tunnel

The empeg software isn't open source so only the empeg guys could do it. No clones and look-a-likes exist to my knowledge as well. The closest would be RioPlay but that's more of a empeg compatible player. Keep looking I'm afraid...

#173010 - 31/07/2003 16:27 Re: a Really Dumb Question [Re: belezeebub]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Has anyone ever ported the Empeg Software to windows (Shivers at the thought)

Some of it compiles for Windows. Not enough of it to actually run the player binary, though.

#173011 - 31/07/2003 19:07 Re: a Really Dumb Question [Re: Roger]
belezeebub
addict

I ment to say the audio/ video input is NOW working (Damm typo's)

Anyway anyone got a suggestion for a good mp3 player that is even 1/2 as good as the empeg player software ?
______________________________________ Do not meddle in the affairs of Network Administrators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ______________________________________ Worlds Lamest Wb Site (mine) http://home.comcast.net/~jlipchitz/

#173012 - 31/07/2003 21:30 Re: a Really Dumb Question [Re: belezeebub]
Ezekiel
pooh-bah

Loc: NH USA
VNC & Charcoalgrey's web interface of the empeg in the trunk? You know, your basic, everyday, run of the mill Car LAN.

Hell, port CG's web page to work on an Pocket PC or color wireles Palm (if you are of the Fu enabled). That, Palantir to an IR repeater and you're styling.

-Zeke