Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#175492 - 16/08/2003 21:18 Neo Car Comments
Micman2b
addict

Loc: Central, NC, USA
I thought you guys would like this. It is from a someone on the www.funmp3player.com board who supposedly works for SSI America, the distrubutors of the Neo Car products.

SSI America wrote: Neo Car player is the only one that has a home stereo docking bay, and it completly converts into a nice home stereo jukebox. You can even use the IR remote control at home. Not to mention all the accessories for the car like the Din Chasis for the wired remote control, Voice chip , etc etc
I know that some people are not happy and find many flaws, we tried to make this product the best way we could, but it's human made, like any other product. ( The best product in the world, the space shuttle even has flaws) But you only hear the people that complain. How about this for facts:

We sold last year over 10,000 units in America.
We receive every day many emails thanking us for the product.
We were the first one in the market to make such a product ( HDD mp3 player) and everybody else is copying our invention.

Link to Discussion: http://www2.funmp3players.com

Boy, I love my Empeg...

Sean in NC
80gb MK2a empeg spare

#175493 - 16/08/2003 22:47 Re: Neo Car Comments [Re: Micman2b]
robricc
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
We sold last year over 10,000 units in America.
Considering it was carried in every Best Buy across the country last year, that number is nothing to brag about (IMHO).

Oh yeah, I'm almost certain the MkI was out before the Neo 35. Nice try though...

#175494 - 16/08/2003 22:55 Re: Neo Car Comments [Re: robricc]
DeadFire
addict

Exactly. As for me, I'd prefer to have the one that most people don't know about, which also happens to greatly surpass anything that's out now. Why, earlier today I wowed someone yet again at work with it (in its brand new Home Dock by Mark Lord). I was even nice enough to mention that although it's been EOLed, that there are other similar, albeit not nearly as good, car based mp3 players out there.

Perhaps when car mp3 players become more common, people will compare the empeg to whatever is on top at the time. But I for one hope that day does not come quickly. Few things top the joy of seeing a stranger who just has to ask, "What is THAT thing?"

Edited by DeadFire (16/08/2003 22:57)