Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#197690 - 17/05/2004 10:45 Re: Opinions on new logo... [Re: rowitech]
trs24
old hand

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
Yes, I know, I'm asking much and maybe I pull your nerves...
Actually, vectorizing it and increasing it's resolution wouldn't be all that difficult. I can't guarantee that I'll get to it right away, but I'll get it to you soon. Once I have it done I'll send you the original png's so you can do with it what you wish.

Keep in mind, once I vectorize it, the kiwi will lose some of it's detail, but I'll try to keep the detail in there as much as possible.

...but I don't want other logos for the rest of my life.
I'm flattered! If only I had the same affect on women.

#197691 - 18/05/2004 01:26 Re: Opinions on new logo... [Re: trs24]
rowitech
enthusiast

Loc: Germany, Cologne
Actually, no, since maybe 20 hours, my nerves are playing with me. A quite new server crashed and the company looks at me because they aren't able to work any more. It's a very big pressure and I was _really_ down. As I read your posting I couldn't suppress a tear. Sorry for this emotional sentence but it's true. No good news since 20 hours and so my excursion into the internet (pause for 5 minutes at the empeg-bbs to calm down) got me back to life.

I don't know how I can thank you. Surely, you'll have a place in my writings about finding a new logo and the 10th birthday this year of my company (btw: is company the right name for a one man show with an optional second man?)

Now I should better turn off the slow music (which makes me emotional again - what an influence) and be happy of the logo and restart my smiling.exe that I thought to be lost :-)

Thank you,
Rolf

#197692 - 18/05/2004 01:53 Re: Opinions on new logo... [Re: rowitech]
RobotCaleb
pooh-bah

Loc: Austin
i get such joy in reading your posts. because english is not your first language you seem to have a strange amount of innocence about your speaking. i wish i could speak like that.

thank you

#197693 - 18/05/2004 08:42 Re: Opinions on new logo... [Re: RobotCaleb]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
I think it's just the picture of the little kid.

#197694 - 19/05/2004 15:08 Re: Opinions on new logo... [Re: wfaulk]
rowitech
enthusiast

>because english is not your first language

Indeed, I cannot hide that I'm german. But I hope, most is understandable. I learned english in school but that was just enough for "Peter has a ball" and so on ;-). Most I got by talking to other people who are as bad in english as I am. Maybe I even try to translate the german structure to the english one. I'd like to know how _you_ would write german. Ok, it is much more difficult. ..

Rolf

#197695 - 19/05/2004 15:14 Re: Opinions on new logo... [Re: rowitech]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Ich spreche nur ein bisschen Deutsch und mein vocabeln is sehr klein, aber ich denke das es ist nicht schwieriger als Englisch.

#197696 - 19/05/2004 23:47 Re: Opinions on new logo... [Re: rowitech]
canuckInOR
carpal tunnel

Loc: Portland, OR
I'd like to know how _you_ would write german.
Withoutenanyspacenbetweenwordsen?

Seriously, your English is perfectly understandable, even if it is a little odd at times.

#197697 - 21/05/2004 02:31 Re: Opinions on new logo... [Re: canuckInOR]
rowitech
enthusiast

>Ich spreche nur ein bisschen Deutsch und mein vocabeln is sehr klein, aber ich denke das es ist nicht schwieriger als Englisch.

Not bad! I'm surprised...

>Seriously, your English is perfectly understandable, even if it is a little odd at times.

Really? Wow. Maybe you'll find my german a little odd, too :-).

I like the Off-Topic board much... It gives me so much interesting things, so many different people from different countries with different thoughts. Very very interesting.

Rolf

#197698 - 21/05/2004 08:20 Re: Opinions on new logo... [Re: rowitech]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Honestly, I had to look up "denken" and "schwierig", though the grammar is all mine.

#197699 - 23/05/2004 03:36 Re: Opinions on new logo... [Re: wfaulk]
rowitech
enthusiast

Oh, many people do have problems with thes words, even in their own language ;-).

For the others:
denken = to think
schwierig = hard

It' hard to think, well that's it :-). Denken ist schwierig.

Could it be that this thread covers nearly everything? Back to the roots: I'm surprised that noone posted "too much detailed" for the bird. But even if it was so, I've learned I have to decide myself. The new logo touched my soul (maybe no english speakting man had ever tried such a sentence) and for that I did tell the truth, this is it and if trs will make it happen and I get the vectorized logo, everything will be fine. He said, it could be less detailed but this is fine. I'm really sure he will do his best and therefore I'm happy with it.

I've seen, trs is one of the people who has written into our wedding-book at http://www.winterscheidt.org. So just a sentence in this thread (it won't get more off topic than it is). We are married nearly a year and are happy since the first days. I never thought that such a harmony could exist. So everything's fine.

BTW: I just have seen that this thread is read much more than 1000 times. Wow.

Rolf

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3