Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#20068 - 11/10/2000 09:30 Control Knob
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
I appologize if this has been talked about already, but I was wondering if there were any plans to change the functionality of the control knob. Right now the only thing it adds to the player is a volume shortcut. I find that using it to navigate the menu system holds no advantages over the normal buttons, and in some cases makes it more difficult because it's so easy to slip advance through things too far.

At one point I thought the proposed use of the knob was to cycle through sudio options (I assume this means the various items in the "sound" menu). I was excited because right now it takes a bit long to do this with the buttons. It would be nice to just have to press the knob a couple times to get something like a generic bass level option.

I realize this defeats the purpose of an EQ, but I've found that sometimes it's really the bass that needs changing, because so many of my albums were recorded at different qualities, resulting in different levels of bass. Of course, this wouldn't be a problem with the proposed change of applying EQ setings to specific songs or playlists ( which I would like very much).

I don't know, this is just a curious question, not a demand for change.

DiGNAN

#20069 - 11/10/2000 11:15 Re: Control Knob [Re: Dignan]
jfranke

2nd this one. A quick access to 'consumer' sound adjustments just by a (multiple) press of the button would rock. Like Bass-Treble-loudness-balance. Hold it down for a second would default back to the previously selected EQ/balance/loudness preset.

EQ is nice, but as long as it isn't possible to tie the presets to songs or playlists, it's just too hard (and dangerous) to operate while driving.

Cheers, J.

#20070 - 11/10/2000 15:42 Re: Control Knob [Re: jfranke]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
That has always been the intended functionality for the knob. Whether it will be in 1.1 or not (I assumed that it would) is something Peter may be able to reveal.

Rob

#20071 - 11/10/2000 17:09 Re: Control Knob [Re: rob]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Ah I thought so. didn't mean to bring it up if this was planned all along. Don't get me wrong, I can't imagine living without the knob for volume (I don't know how you can stand it, Tony ), I just thought it would be cool for this purpose.

Thanks for addresing the issue...or for having it planned all along.

DiGNAN