Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#204390 - 14/02/2004 10:15 Big thanks to whoever got a virus
mschrag
pooh-bah

Loc: Richmond, VA
Just wanted to say thanks to whichever person who has emailed [email protected] and/or [email protected] who got a virus not too long ago ... It has been bouncing emails back to my spoofed email address for about a week now pretty constantly. Not only that, but apparently it also got the address added to a bunch of spam address books, because it's been getting tons of spam recently too. Anyway, just wanted to say how nice it has been ... Fortunately jempeg.org doesn't forward to my primary email address, so it's not the worst case scenario.

#204391 - 14/02/2004 11:25 Re: Big thanks to whoever got a virus [Re: mschrag]
Daria
carpal tunnel

Loc: Providence, RI
I can't recommend spamassassin enough. Every so often I go and flush the about 3000 spam per week out of a spam inbox.

I'mn using the bayesian stuff it includes.

#204392 - 15/02/2004 10:58 Re: Big thanks to whoever got a virus [Re: mschrag]
Memil

Loc: Sweden
I dont know if you have your own smtp-server?
If so, I can recomend you amavisd-new with spamassassin and clamd(and maybe some other virus-engine).

I have installed it in several companys and the results are really _great_! No viruses and almost no spam...

I'm in the works for a forwarding server for mail, that cleans it before retrivial. If youre interrested I can add you to it when I get there...

/Fredrik