Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#221224 - 20/03/2002 11:29 In the UK
LTJBukem
enthusiast

If everyone outside of the USA who is serious about wanting to buy a Rio Receiver sends me an email I'll look into finding some way to help on a one-off basis. No promises.

The Rio Receiver is currently available in the UK. It is however a US product with UK cable. Unfortunately the packaging is damaged and we are re-packing. Consumers wishing to buy the product immediately can contact [email protected]. Alternatively it will be available through normal distribution channels from mid-January.

Hi everyone. I'm presuming the normal distribution channels didn't occur.

Do anyone have any ideas where I can get one from in the UK ?

#221225 - 20/03/2002 12:00 Re: In the UK [Re: LTJBukem]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Rob, is that post you made accurate any more? I will remove it from the FAQ if not.

#221226 - 21/03/2002 05:01 Re: In the UK [Re: tfabris]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
Well clearly the mid January bit isn't correct (unless it has been released here without anyone noticing). I would guess that Nick still has that plain packaged stock but I don't know for sure if the offer still stands.

#221227 - 21/03/2002 10:44 Re: In the UK [Re: rob]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Thanks.

#221228 - 23/03/2002 04:00 Re: In the UK [Re: tfabris]
davidm
stranger

I live in the UK and have just managed to get hold of two receivers for myself. I found a site on the internet that looked as though they would sell a receiver to me and gave all the international postages etc. so I ordered it. Having got little in the form of response I rang the company who told me they needed more for postage. As a whole the company has not been overly proactive or responsive and I have had to chase them up all the way. They promised to send e-mails but never did etc.

However, I do now own two of these items so they did come through in the end. If I was ordering again I would do it over the phone with them and do the paying by wire transfer.

If you want to see the company go to www.cfarr.com . If you want to buy, then on your own head be it.

For those thinking of buying I run Windows XP Pro. and have one receiver using the HPNA card I got with the receiver and one using the local LAN. Both were really easy to set up. I have also tried running both on the HPNA and that was fine too.

However, the software with the receiver is really basic and if you have used MusicMath or the Creative Jukebox you will be disappointed with the functionality supplied. I am going to investigate some of the other software mentioned on this BBS.

Good Luck to any prospective purchasers

Davidm

#221229 - 25/03/2002 05:06 Re: In the UK [Re: davidm]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
However, the software with the receiver is really basic...

It does exactly what it's supposed to. It's not, by any stretch of the imagination, supposed to be an MP3 management application. You're supposed to use it in concert with another MP3 management application.

Feel free to check out the other software linked from this BBS, but they're not MP3 management solutions either. They do, however, improve upon the basic serving functionality of the stock software.