Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#222320 - 16/10/2002 13:44 HPNA vs ethernet
dradeli
stranger

I have been using HPNA for the past 2 years. I have gone through 4 or 5 3com HPNA cards in that time. They are either going bad or my phoneline is frying them (surge). Has anyone else had this experinece? Should I get another brand or dump it all lay cat-5?

#222321 - 16/10/2002 14:47 Re: HPNA vs ethernet [Re: dradeli]
justDave
stranger

I've been using the Rio-supplied HPNA card since I got mine, which should be close to a year now, with no problems at all.

Sorry if what follows seems a bit obvious...

Do you use an analog modems? Have they been failing on you too? Is there anything unusual about your phone setup? If so, a surge protector would be a good idea. If not...

Are you sure the HPNA card went bad? Did you try pulling the card, uninstalling/reinstalling the driver and reinstalling the card?

#222322 - 17/10/2002 08:39 Re: HPNA vs ethernet [Re: justDave]
dradeli
stranger

I am not sure when it happens since I am not the only one in the house that uses the Rio. I do not think it is related to use though. Never had a problem with modems but I don't use it as much since I have a cable connection. I have tried removing...reseeding the card and have even put it in another pci slot. Right now the card is recognized by the OS but it says it cannot start (code 10). I have tried reinstalling the driver with no help. This is a 3com HPNA card. I have noticed they no longer make this product. It was real cheap when I purchased it. I have seen them selling for about $10 online. Other cards are about $40. Is it something with this particular card???