Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#223609 - 07/09/2003 01:20 HPNA and Rio Receiver...
Micman2b
addict

Loc: Central, NC, USA
Good eve,
I finally got a chance at purchasing a Rio Receiver. I have a few Empegs and have been using one of them to transfer the my music from one room to another by pulling the unit then replugging the unit into another dock in another location. With the Rio Receiver prices now below $50 on eBay i could not live without one anymore.

The one I purchased is a Rio with the Rio Connector card (HPNA). I am having a problem though getting the software to "see" the card.

I install the card and windows does not auto-detect the card so I manually install the Rio Connector Card using the drivers on the CD disk. After installation there is a code 38 error, device is already running in memory, in the Device Manager under System settings. It does not matter how many times i reboot or reinstall the device the error is still there. Also there is a device that XP is installing in the background called "HomeFree Phoneline 10Mb PCI Adapter" for the same card. It does not matter whether i disable or uninstall this device or how many times i reboot, the Rio Connector Card will not work with the software. The "HomeFree Phoneline 10Mb PCI Adapter" will connect to the Rio Receiver but the software will not connect. Any suggestions???

Everything is working through the 3Com Ethernet card and crossover cable I have however. I do not want to run cat5 everywhere to get the new or future RioReceiver running. Note: I am using XP and have the firewall turned off of all of the network adapters.

I researched the BBS and did not find anyone with the same problem that found any resolution. What i did find is one post about updated HPNA drivers or something like that but the Rio site no longer has any drivers or updates available for any Rio Receiver software that i caould find. Does anyone have the updated HPNA driver handy???

Sean in NC
Sorry for the long winded post...
80gb MK2a empeg spare

#223610 - 08/09/2003 07:19 Re: HPNA and Rio Receiver... [Re: Micman2b]
hipped1
journeyman

What version of the ARM software are you running. I had some issues on my system prior to installing v1.04, especially with the rebranded Dell units.

You also might want to check the IP configuration (if you havne't done so) under ARM software to make sure the correct adapter is selected.

fyi, I was never able to consistently make the HPNA card work in my system in conjunction with an ethernet card installed and active in my Windows XP system. I tired using the Windows XP software to bridge the HPNA and Ethernet cards, but it never seemed to click. I resorted to using my router (which has HPNA capability) to bridge the ethernet out of my computer to the phone lines in my house.

#223611 - 08/09/2003 14:07 Re: HPNA and Rio Receiver... [Re: hipped1]
Micman2b
addict

The HPNA router idea seems like a great idea. What brand are you using?

Sean
80gb MK2a empeg spare

#223612 - 08/09/2003 15:10 Re: HPNA and Rio Receiver... [Re: Micman2b]
hipped1
journeyman

I have used the 2wire router/firewall for the past 2 years. It works well with my broadband provider, time warner cable, and was very easy to setup.

http://www.2wire.com/home/hp_index.html

#223613 - 08/09/2003 15:14 Re: HPNA and Rio Receiver... [Re: hipped1]
Micman2b
addict

Cool,
I was doing some reaserch and that is one that I was just looking at, pretty good price also, $50 at Earthlink.

Sean
80gb MK2a empeg spare