Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#223643 - 08/09/2003 08:07 tRio - Port already in use: 1099
Jerz
addict

Loc: Jesusland
I've been having sporatic problems with tRio at the office. Is there another port I should try if 1099 is already in use.

At the office I use ARM (just the audio receiver software with trio on win2k server)

Is there a way to find out what is using that port and which are being used?

Attachments
3815-trio.jpg (177 downloads)

#223644 - 08/09/2003 10:02 Re: tRio - Port already in use: 1099 [Re: Jerz]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
"netstat -a" Will tell you which ports are in use, but not what's using them.

#223645 - 08/09/2003 10:40 Re: tRio - Port already in use: 1099 [Re: Jerz]
pauln
enthusiast

Loc: UK
Jerz,

Port 1099 is the "standard" port used by java for RMI (Remote Method Invocation). At startup, the tRio server registers itsself with the RMI registry that runs on this port. The web front-end then asks the RMI registry where the tRio server is and it's game-on.

Normally folks will not have an RMI registry running on their machines and so the tRio server by default creates one. It appears as if you already have one running at work.

And so you have 3 options:

1. Do nothing. Although tRio produces a dump, everything should work fine.

2. Tell tRio not to create the RMI registry. To do this, change the "create-registry" value in trio.xml to "false". This assumes that an rmi registry is already running (you can start one yourself by typing "start %JAVA_HOME%/bin/rimregistry").

3. Tell tRio to create the registry on a different port number. This way you'll have 2 registries running, but because they're on different port numbers, that's okay. To do this you need to do 2 things:
- add port="nnnn" to trio.xml right after the create-registry="true" bit (where nnnn is the port number, e.g. 11099).
- edit docs/trio-applet.htm and add the following to the <applet> tag:
<param name="rmi-port" value="nnnn"/>

Cheers
Paul