Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#22504 - 14/11/2000 17:19 emplode crashes when inserting certain songs
Ionic
journeyman

Loc: Frankfurt, Germany
I recently have a very confusing NEW problem with emplode; I have not searched the board yet (sorry!), because I have no idea HOW to determine the search; let me explain what my problem is:

I have a list of about 2,000 mp3-files; all files were accepted by emplode, though some (still) cause troubles with id3v2/v1-tagging; now a very strange thing happens:

I try to insert one of my Jean Michel Jarre Oxygene tracks (#9 to be more precisely)... and emplode crashes... means, Win2k's task manager shows that emplode's need for memory increases rapidly to more than 200 MB(!!); though I have 256 MB, and about 1,5 GB Virtual Mem, the crash always appears when inserting THIS "SPECIAL" MP3 ... I can insert many new albums, everything works fine... I even tried to analyze the file
(WinAMP:
Length: 373 seconds
MPEG 1.0 layer 3
128kbit, 14345 frames
44100hz Joint Stereo
Private: No
CRCs: No
Copyrighted: Yes
Original: Yes
Emphasis: None)

... ?

Frank

Mk2 40GB #090000592

#22505 - 14/11/2000 17:28 Re: emplode crashes when inserting certain songs [Re: Ionic]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
First things first- Are you using version 1.01 of Emplode? There were some known bugs in v1.0 with certain v2 tags.

Second- Get a copy of MP3Trim and use its analysis tool to tell you whether there's anything wrong with the file (such as missing frames or bad frame headers).

If MP3Trim reports that there is something wrong with the file, see if you can fix it by doing a "Save As" in MP3Trim. If that fixes the problem, ask the Empeg guys if they want a copy of the "bad" version to see why it made Emplode crash.

#22506 - 14/11/2000 17:40 Re: emplode crashes when inserting certain songs [Re: tfabris]
Ionic
journeyman

Loc: Frankfurt, Germany
Wow, THAT is a fast answer... seems like some people just browse thorugh the BBS all day (and night) long...
1. Ver. 1.01
2. well...forgot to check with mp3trim (I'm such a stupid ....) ok, just checked, wow, some frames were corrupt... but I was stupid once more... and unfortunately I merely clicked "Save!"... too late now for "Save as..."... sorry....

Thanks Tony, now it works... next time I'll try to determine first if the frames are correct!

Frank

(Is that already in the FAQ? *justwondering* )

Mk2 40GB #090000592

#22507 - 14/11/2000 17:45 Re: emplode crashes when inserting certain songs [Re: Ionic]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Wow, THAT is a fast answer... seems like some people just browse thorugh the BBS all day (and night) long...

Actually, I have a system-tray utility that monitors certain web pages and tells me when they have new content. So I just leave it running while I work. It allows me to keep up on the new messages without devoting much time to it.

And before anyone asks... I created this utility myself in VB. I'm considering publishing it, but it needs at least one new feature before I can do that.

#22508 - 15/11/2000 14:59 Re: emplode crashes when inserting certain songs [Re: tfabris]
dionysus
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
In reply to:

And before anyone asks... I created this utility myself in VB. I'm considering publishing it, but it needs at least one new feature before I can do that.

...have it automatically reply to new threads in the wish list with "it's already been asked for, but me too." :)
-mark

MK2: 36gb
Tivo: 90gb
CPU: 120gb
...I think drive manufacturers love me!