Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#225838 - 05/07/2004 03:36 Rio Karma remote development
daPyr0x
stranger

After a little bit of mucking around on the Riovolution boards I saw some of the few discussions on developing a remote that could possibly be manufactured and sold on Rio fan sites, but that'd be a bit far in the distance.

Someone who apparantly works for Rio over there mentoined that they had a prototype lcd remote just to make sure the port worked, they had the code in the firmware, just commented out, for the remote to work. Now, I have a jack that'll go into the remote port, I have some technical knowledge as far as getting this stuff going; and I have access to the required materials (it's easy enough to get anything else online or nearby, anyways)

[censored]. So, knowing there's a Rio employee or two hanging around the forums, I'd like to ask a favor from somebody and maybe a few tips, a leg up, something?

#225839 - 05/07/2004 05:00 Re: Rio Karma remote development [Re: daPyr0x]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
code in the firmware, just commented out, for the remote to work

If it's commented out, you probably SOL. You'll need a friendly Rio employee to put it back in, which may not happen.

But, hey, it's worth a shot, I guess. I could use a remote, too.

#225840 - 06/07/2004 16:47 Re: Rio Karma remote development [Re: daPyr0x]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
It is likely that remote support could be enabled in the firmware if a third party was genuinely planning to manufacture a remote.

Rob